Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help: macbook pro 13 inch late 2013 ram updgrade

Hi all

I'm finding it really hard to find any info on where I can buy 2x 8GB ram for my late 2013 13 inch macbook pro.

I bought it recently in Australia and currently reside in the US now.

Does anyone know where I can find an online store to make this purchase as I use editing systems and the current 2x 4GB isn't enough.

Thanks for any help :-)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 1:01 PM

You can't upgrade the RAM on a Retina.

12 replies

Aug 19, 2014 2:54 PM in response to Paretelos

When my daughter's laptop died right before final exams, I gave her my 2012 entry level Mac Book Pro which I never had one ounce of trouble with, and I hastily bought the entry level Late 2013 13 inch Macbook Pro retina that the Best Buy guy said was awesome. I usually research EVERYTHING but I had no reason to suspect that the entry level mac book pro retina 2013 would be anything less than even better than what I had with my 2012 non retina mac. Within a month, I discovered that the 128 flash drive storage was not enough to handle both my iTunes library and/or my iPhoto library. I have had to transfer both these libraries to an external hard drive, and I now never access them. Not only that, but if I want to access one photo from my iPhoto library on my external hard drive, I am required to restore the entire library to the my hard drive, (a requirement of mavericks), which means that even when hooked up to my external hard drive, any pictures I have in iPhoto, are unavailable for my viewing on my new laptop that I am still paying for. I feel completely screwed and, although I love the Mac book's speed, it seems to me that Apple likes to punish the poor folk who, at the particular time their laptop crashes, cannot get over the sticker shock of an unexpected but required purchase. Customers' needs change often with time, I find it arrogant and poor customer serve that Apple does not allow their customers to upgrade their perfectly good laptops just because they did not correctly anticipate their needs in 6 months or, like me, bought without taking the time to properly educate myself. I really did think that the $1200.00 I was paying for this (and continue to pay for) would give me more than enough computer to last me for several years. Shame on me for sure and I am paying the price for it. Just not cool that nothing is upgradeable.

help: macbook pro 13 inch late 2013 ram updgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.