Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod won't play or skips

Has anyone encountered the following problem?: Certain songs will not play, and then some skip to the next song after playing about 5-15 seconds of a song.

For example, the first song on the "album" will not play at all, so then the iPod will skip to song #2 and play only a portion of it, and then skip to the next song, and the same thing happens.

This does not happen on all of the songs though. For instance, when I am listening to some bands at the top of my artist list (AC/DC) and bottom artist list (Saxon, Sly & the Family Stone), I have the problem. However, in the middle of the artist list (Led Zeppelin) everything plays just fine. Could this be a problem with the disc inside, or is it a problem with the digital files? Is there a fix? Will I have to get this fixed at the factory?

Version I am using is 2.0.4 Mac according to the settings screen on the iPod.

Any help would be appreciated.

iPod classic

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 1:12 PM

1 reply

Dec 27, 2013 4:42 PM in response to Eddie Laverne

Hi Eddie.

It's hard to tell exactly the origin of the problem but you can try fix it creating an "iTunes version" of the songs.

Give a "right click" on the music/album/artist with problems and select "Create Apple Lossless Version".

This option will creat an .aac version of the file and will correct the codecs, bit rate, sample rate and encode version of the files.

Some codecs ain't compatible with iPod and this is very common once you downloaded files from web.

After creating this version of files syncronize them with the iPod instead original downloaded files.

Give a try.

Good luck 🙂

My ipod won't play or skips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.