Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to install office 2010 on bootcamp windows 7

Hi,

I purchased office 2010 for home and business. I have to download the software from the net, but when I do, I can't run the installation. I double click the icon, then it askes me specify the program I want to use... First of all, I don't know what software to pick and secondly I find the question strange. Shouldn't it run automatically ?

the real issue is that I want to use SolidWorks on my Mac. I have done so for the last year, but without the use of excel. Solidworks needs excel the perform certain functions.

Help !

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), Windows 7, office 2010 on windows 7

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 4:51 PM

7 replies

Dec 28, 2013 2:47 AM in response to rkaufmann87

I have installed Office for Mac 2011 on my iMac. And windows via bootcamp to work with the program called SolidWorks. But in order to use it's full potential I need to have excel (office) as well. The program doesn't find or see that office for mac is installed. Is it because it is installed on the other part of the hard drive or ... ?

I'm going to investigate what you call 'run it natively' and come back to let you know if I got it right.

how to install office 2010 on bootcamp windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.