Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 5th Gen makes sound when muted.

My iPod Touch 5th Gen iOS 6.1.3 makes sound when muted. It makes sounds in all my games. What is wrong?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 6:48 PM

7 replies

Dec 28, 2013 6:44 PM in response to Mr.Quizzical

The sound is coming from my speaker. The sounds are the sounds of the app. I mute it by pressing the button on the side of my iPod that lowers the volume.

When I open or close my iPod there is a extra loud click. I like having the click for the opening and closing of my iPod but the clicks are way louder than the clicks are supposed to be.

Dec 28, 2013 8:36 PM in response to Mr.Quizzical

Mr. Quizzical, fooled around with my own iPod, attempting to simulate your sound as described. turning the volume all the way down to mute and ran it up to full volume, both with and without earbuds, tried various apps, music, videos and games, attempting to get an errant sound; nada! Maybe my hearing isn't sensitive enough to hear what you're hearing. The only click I could reproduce was the "Lock Sound" when locking the screen / putting the iPod into sleep mode, only I didn't find it that overwhelming. Have you tried turning off the Lock Sound and see or hear if the sound stops? The Lock Sound will occur even if the volume is mute. On your iPod, go into Settings>Sound scroll down to Lock Sounds and tap on the button with the green next to it, turn off so it appears white. Does this stop the offending sound? If you want it back on just tap on it again. You could try a simple Reset, nothing will be lost, click and hold both the power and home buttons together until the Apple logo appears then release both buttons, should take approximately 15 seconds for the logo to appear. Or you could go into Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. Hope this helps, it's all I got. Good luck.

iPod Touch 5th Gen makes sound when muted.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.