Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Related Article: Check your Apple Account balance

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I know my credit card was not charged?

I just made a purchase but my itunes account balance (from gift cards) did not decrease. how can I be sure that the amount was deducted from my itunes gift card credit balance and not charged to my credit card? I don't see any charge on my credit card account yet.

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 7:33 PM

4 replies

Dec 29, 2013 6:32 AM in response to Chrysanthemu

Hello Chrysanthemu,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at:

iTunes Store: How iTunes Store purchases are billed

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5582

When making purchases, content credits are used first, followed by Gift Certificate, iTunes Card, or Allowance Account credits; your credit card or PayPal account is then charged for any remaining balance.

Best of luck,

Mario

Dec 30, 2013 8:54 AM in response to mario49

Hi - this doesn't make sense.

I have an iTunes gift card which I redeemed. I want to use the gift card to make a purchase on the App Store. I DON'T WANT MY CREDIT CARD BILLED. I WANT TO PURCHASE THE APP USING THE GIFT CARD.

It is extremely difficult to find out how to do this simple billing maneuver. How do I use my gift card instead of my credit card to buy an app???????

How do I know my credit card was not charged?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.