Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud sign in keeps popping up in my iPhone 4s on a loop. Is there any way I can stop this?

I've tried to type in my password and such, but it never stops popping up. Any help?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 7:58 PM

Try deleting the account, then signing back in. First save you photo stream photos to your camera roll (unless already there) by opening your My Photo Stream album, tap Edit, tap the photos, tap the share icon -- box with upward facing arrow, then tap Save to Camera Roll. Then go to Settings>iCloud, scroll down and tap Delete Account, choose Delete from My iPhone and provide the password when prompted (if running iOS 7), then after a minute or so, sign back in and re-enable Find My iPhone. This deleted the account and iCloud data from your phone, but not from iCloud. Your data will reappear on your phone when you sign back in.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2013 7:58 PM in response to v.yep

Try deleting the account, then signing back in. First save you photo stream photos to your camera roll (unless already there) by opening your My Photo Stream album, tap Edit, tap the photos, tap the share icon -- box with upward facing arrow, then tap Save to Camera Roll. Then go to Settings>iCloud, scroll down and tap Delete Account, choose Delete from My iPhone and provide the password when prompted (if running iOS 7), then after a minute or so, sign back in and re-enable Find My iPhone. This deleted the account and iCloud data from your phone, but not from iCloud. Your data will reappear on your phone when you sign back in.

Dec 27, 2013 9:09 PM in response to randers4

I've got this problem, but since the ipod can't connect to the internet, I can't delete the account.

The annoying login prompt comes up so often that Wi-Fi connection gets interrupted, and the device never connects to the internet, then the password I enter (which is correct) cannot be verified, so the prompt comes up again, in an endless and frustrating loop. Feel like just tossing the ipod away, except it's my daughter's, and she wouldn't like that.

Dec 27, 2013 9:42 PM in response to Dylan72

If resetting it doesn't help, you're probably going to have to force the iPod into recovery mode and restore it, as explained here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808. Then restore to her last backup.

If her backup is in iCloud, at the end of the restore process, choose to Set up as New iPod. Then eject it from iTunes, disconnect it from her computer and go to Settings>General>Reset, tap Erase All Content and Settings, then go through the setup screens and when given the option, choose Restore from iCloud Backup and follow the prompts. Make sure her iPod is connected to wifi and her charger while it is restoring the backup.

This should stop the continuous loop you’re in and allow you to connect to wifi.

Dec 27, 2013 10:37 PM in response to v.yep

This is my tragedy for days too

It isn't even blocked or stopped when rebooted to a locked SIM

This is broke !

Also very disturbed & highly suspicious as it is with several other different instances / malfunctions

After I updated iOS iPhone 4 recently I changed all accounts 'sign ins & passwords'

Everything was & is fine verified etc

I even already have a successful cloud back up.

It's relentless even now....problem exist because it's prompting with an e-mail never associated with the cloud.

An e-mail that's been hacked by ...I have many suspects with know how & motive.

I was dumb desperate to end !! Lol punching in well nothing worked.

I'm convinced now it's password phishing....it's too invasive, smart etc to be a bug.

I NEED ANSWERS, Love me

Doing suggested things above is risky IMO

Thanks guys

Dec 28, 2013 4:08 AM in response to randers4

I was very annoyed before, but have resolved this issue without resorting to violence. In the interests of posterity, I'll post what I did here.

Basically, I got ready to wipe the device. I moved all the photos and videos off the device (iPod Touch 5) and downloaded the latest iTunes to a PC here. Then I connected the device to the iTunes PC (which had previously been used with the device.)

At this point, it was still asking me to log on on the iPod, and no Wi-Fi connection.

I then initiated a backup from iTunes to make sure we had all the installed apps and music etc. As the backup started, I clicked "cancel" on the login prompt, and lo and behold, the backup process stalled the iCloud thing for long enough for a Wi-Fi connection to be established. A few seconds later, the iCloud prompt came up again, and I was able to successfully log on.

After that, I deleted the iCloud account, and now everything is working fine.

Looks like I needed to get the device thinking about somethign else for long enough for the Wi-Fi to hook up.

Won't work for everyone, but worth a try, as it meant no resetting, no trips to the "genius" bar, and no stuffing around with restores.

Thanks for the ideas everyone, and happy to contribute my 2c back to the crowd.

Hope this is the last time I have anything to do with my daughter's iPod (or any other Apple support!)

And thanks to Host for censoring my Apple h8 above. I'm stil feeling the burn, but the flames are low at present.

Sep 13, 2014 6:47 PM in response to v.yep

Here's the easy fix for anyone else experiencing this issue. The box comes up too quickly to allow the wifi utility to scan and connect to your network but you can manually create the wifi connection and although the login box will continue to come up, it doesn't clear out what you're currently typing in the manual connection so you can enter a couple characters at a time, hitting cancel on the login box as you go, until you get all of the connection details punched in and hit Join. Your device will connect to the wifi after a few seconds at which point you can enter the password and it will finally be able to verify it and stop coming up.

iCloud sign in keeps popping up in my iPhone 4s on a loop. Is there any way I can stop this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.