Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration assistant Mac to Mac

I used migration asst to move the info from my external hard drive to my new iMac. My intent was to have old info mergered with new info however I did something incorrectly and ended up with two users instead #1 old info #2 new info. Any suggestions on how to merge info into one user? Can it be done without loosing all new info specifically all new pictures? Sorry not techy savvy :)

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 5:51 PM

You are still under warranty with your new iMac. Call Apple tech support.

User uploaded file

5 replies

Jan 25, 2014 12:46 PM in response to Eric Root

I tried the method in that link - copying files into the public folder dropbox - and now I have no access to those files in the user account I copied them to. Both my accounts were listed as "admin" users, but it says I have no permission to open that dropbox. I didn't delete the files on the other user account, so I haven't lost them, but now I've loaded up the computer with a million extra gigs of copied data and I can't delete it. Help? Anyone?

Jan 26, 2014 9:43 AM in response to tlbrooklyn

You might want to consider starting a new discussion. Since this one is marked solved, less people are likely to look at it. You can link to this one.

Try doing a Get Info (command - I) on the dropbox and changing the Sharing and Permissions to the account you are trying to access the documents from. Then click the gear at the bottom and select apply to enclosed items.

Migration assistant Mac to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.