Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 45:59 mins lecture and one picture, can't export to QT with one file

I have a lecture of a duration of 45:59 mins. and one slide (picture). I have created a slide show in Keynote (v. 5) and wanted to export to QT for YouTube uploading. I end up having two files! and when I upload to YouTube, it fails for not being the right kind of file, while it (they) is .mov!!! Any suggestions?

thanks,

WindsorPro

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 10:41 PM

2 replies

Dec 28, 2013 8:47 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Hello Gary:

I was hoping you would answer, I wanted to reply to your earlier comment on how to create something similar to mine. You said, "Start a new presentation to remove the previous sound recording, Keynote is holding onto the other sound files. Add the graphic items to each slide and one sound file to each slide for the voice over 1 - In Inspector > Transitions; use start transitions automatically and set each transitions delay to the duration of the individual sound file. 2 - In QT export, set Fixed Timing and delete the value in the duration box, QT will then use the custom timings for each individual slide. This procedure does work exactly as needed, Iv used this for nearly 6 years using 4 different versions of Keynote."

I tried the above and didn't work, because there are two duration boxes and Keynote won't let me delete the value!

Also, I tried your new suggestion, send to > YouTube, and still, failed. I think because Keynote is creating two files, both with .mov suffixes. But the one that has the slide on it (when it is not activated) is empty! with 00:00 duration (when I press cmd-i) and the other has a movie strip logo, and it is the audio file, however, without the slide! And YouTube rejects them as not being one of its acceptable formats! (Even though both have .mov at the end).

Finally, I bumped into a YouTube presentation, and found out how easy it was, you wouldn't believe it!!!

Just drag the sound file onto the one slide in Keynote ( I have just one picture in this project ) and then export to QuickTime! It's real-time conversion, so, it took 45:59 mins. to finish it, of course I went to bed and in the morning it was done. Once it was done, I uploaded it to YouTube by just dragging the file onto the designated area. It took another 81 mins.!

I have 45:59 mins lecture and one picture, can't export to QT with one file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.