Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cleanup Corrupt Folder and Files

I've really screwed up my iTunes Files and folders. I've looked for "Clean Up" software to get it straightened out but none exists for the problems I have. When I open iTunes I get my music list. However when I go to CCleaner>Tools>File Finder>C:\** and search I see songs that are duplicated in many files and or folders with their path. Sometimes as many as 10. Many of these aren't showing on my iTunes song list, when I open it on my PC. First Question-Is it possible to move these songs shown in CCleaner to the proper iTunes folder to reestablish them on my iTunes song list when iTunes opens. If someone uses CCleaner, and has a "basic" songlist with just the song and maybe artwork, can you look with CCLeaner as I discussed above and tell me what song is listed an what the path is so I can use this as an example. Second Question- Can I use this list of songs with their path and move them to one or more folders to recreate them on my iTunes Song List? Third Question- I have all the songs I want on my songlist already on my iPod, and I'm being careful not to Sync my iPod and loose them, but can you tell me what settings to check and where they are to be sure I don't loose them from my iPod. Fourth Question- ( Quite possibly the easiest to do) I had the idea of cleaning up all my iTunes on the computer, erase EVERYTHING then do a clean reinstall of iTunes, then use a third party software to rebuild my iTune on my PC from my iPod, BUT when I used Revo uninstaller and even did an advanced cleanup, all my songs reinstalled themselves when I reinstalled iTunes. How do you do a COMPLETE new clean install of iTunes so I can do the transfer from my iPod onto a brand new clean reinstall of iTunes on my PC?

I would still be interested in how a song shows itself in CCleaner file finder. How many entries for a song and what file paths are listed, for a given song.

Also with a clean reinstall how can I recover ALL my downloaded music?

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7, Version 11.0.2.25

Posted on Dec 27, 2013 11:40 PM

There are no replies.

Cleanup Corrupt Folder and Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.