Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water spilled on Macbook pro

So I accidentally spilled water on only the lower left corner of my macbook pro, and some on the trackpad. It did not reach the keyboard. I did not turn the laptop off right away. I quickly grabbed a paper towel to clean up the water. The keyboard seems to be working fine. It seems to be okay. Is there anything I should check or look for to make sure there is not damage done to it?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 12:26 AM

1 reply

Dec 28, 2013 12:29 AM in response to weiwen00

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

If water was spilled in the trackpad, I do not think it got inside. If I were you, I would make a backup of the computer with Time Machine and carry on using the MacBook Pro, because it should be working correctly.

The problem comes when it gets inside the Mac through the keyboard. In this case, you should turn off your computer and take it to an Apple Store or reseller, because a lot of parts may be damaged. See > https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-5511

Water spilled on Macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.