Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install Office 2010 on my Mac

Hi,

Let's start with the beginning. So I decided to buy a mac instead of a PC. Looks great IS great. Bought Office for mac 2011, installed it on the machine (of course because we all use Word and Excel) But then the firtst problems rised up. As I am a professional draftsman, I need to work with professional programs such as SolidWorks. So I bought a license of that aswell. "Oh, It doesn't work on mac, I need to partitione the hard drive, install windows on it and then I can install SolidWorks". Okay I said... lets buy windows and install... so far so good. Done that, easy by the way. Installed SW2013. Finished I thought. Let's start drawing and modelling in 3d. Now Solidworks says it can not find Excel. What do you mean? I just installed Office for mac 2011. Its right there!

So, I figured let's purchase Office 2010 for home and business and Install it on my windows bootcamp. I downloaded the software from the net. But it doesn't seem to work out. The installation doesn't start. What do I need to do here guys?

Someone suggested to run it natively, but I read somewhere that it slows down 3D performance. So I'm stuck. Hope you guys can help me out !

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), Windows 7, office 2010 on windows 7

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 3:23 AM

14 replies

Dec 28, 2013 5:07 AM in response to boerknaas

If you downloaded it from the Net then it is more than likely an ISO file, a compressed Windows File format, that needs to be either expanded to a DVD disc or to a USB thumb drive and then installed by running the Setup.exe or .MSI file included in the ROOT of the expanded files and folders.

It would install directly from the ISO file.

Look for a program called ISO to USB to expand that ISO directly to a USB thumb drive. Or get 7ZIP to expand the ISO to a folder on your drive and then copy it to a USB thumb.

Dec 28, 2013 10:24 AM in response to boerknaas

So what is the file extension of that file you downloaded? If you downloaded it from some Torrent site I am sorry but I can't help you with that.

No sure why you used WINRAR when 7ZIP will expand all ISO files to there proper file folder structure. All MS downloads are supplied in ISO format.

As to not the right language what language are you using on your Mac?

If it is a torrent file I suggest you buy MS Office 2010 or 2013 or a subscription to Office365.

All the best to you & Happy New Year.

Dec 28, 2013 3:09 PM in response to boerknaas

Then you don't have Windows set to Show File Extension. Open Control Panel then the Folder Options then the View Tab and set it to Show File extensions. Specific setting is to Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".

Not sure why both Windows and Mac OS X like to hide files extension from the users. They both have that setting set to hide them by default.

Try 7ZIP.

http://www.7-zip.org/

Dec 29, 2013 3:57 AM in response to boerknaas

If you have a valid license key code download Office 2010 from here.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-office-2010-backup-FX101853 122.aspx

You will need to enter a valid license key to get to the download.

Or from here.

http://microsoft-office-2010-professional.en.softonic.com/

Or from both just make sure you have a good copy.

Then expand it and install it.

How to install Office 2010 on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.