Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX Video Animation: fade-in doesn't work...

Hello!

I hope somebody can help me (even though it'll be too late for my actual project, but I wil want to use it in future projects too):

I created a video, and at some point, I cut the video to slow down the following part.

Then I put the "romantic" effect on the part that has been slowed down and put a fade-in on the effect.

As long as I don't quit FCPX, everything works perfectly. But if I close the program and restart it, the fade-in has gone.

That wouldn't be too dramatic, but it also disappears in the exported file! Even though I didn't close the program.

So now, the effect looks pretty bad, since it just pops in from one frame to the next (instead of coming in slowly over the course of 75 frames [25p project / 3 seconds]). Looks like I didn't do my job correctly...which is bad, since my projects are being aired on regional TV.

I guess that I will have to live with that for now, but if somebody has a work-around to avoid this problem, I'd be really greatful.

On the other hand, I hope Apple will correct these bugs, because those cost a lot of time in my workflow!

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 4:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 4:17 AM

Okay...I just tried to add keyframes manually via the information window (instead of adding it inside the extended video-animation view inside the timeline). I added the fade-in, closed the programm, re-opened it and: tadaa! The fade-in is still there.

I'll export the project again now, and will let you know whether it really worked or not (might take up to 3 hours though).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2013 4:17 AM in response to KaymanIsland

Okay...I just tried to add keyframes manually via the information window (instead of adding it inside the extended video-animation view inside the timeline). I added the fade-in, closed the programm, re-opened it and: tadaa! The fade-in is still there.

I'll export the project again now, and will let you know whether it really worked or not (might take up to 3 hours though).

FCPX Video Animation: fade-in doesn't work...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.