Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match is putting back deleted tracks and playlists and removing ratings...?

I've had to turn off the service for the time being since it's doing more wrong than right.

Firstly, it tends to turn itself off when it wants (perhaps when I restart my MacBook, I'm not entirely sure but I think that's when it does it). Then, when turned back on, it puts back deleted playlists and albums that I then have to delete again - I got rid for a reason, I don't want them put back automatically!

I've recently began to rate my songs, too, and when turned back on, it removes MOST of these ratings. Not all, which, in a way, is even more frustrating because it seems to be picking and choosing.

How can I resolve these issues or is the service really this bad? I only use it for my iPad and, even then, I hardly use it so it's no big loss, but it is nice to know my music library is backed up and that I can use it on various devices.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 6:03 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes Match is putting back deleted tracks and playlists and removing ratings...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.