Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I receive the following message under Boot Camp Assistant: "Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server.

I am trying to install the software drivers for Windows 7 Home using Boot Camp 4 Assistant. I receive the following message: "Can't install software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server." Why is this happening?

3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Imac, Mac OS X (10.6.5), 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 memory

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 7:54 AM

6 replies

Feb 24, 2014 10:24 AM in response to alex275

You keep it on the usb stick for after you boot into Windows. From Windows you install the Windows Support software on the stick. Do you realize that you need to buy and install Windows? The Windows Support software you downloaded is only the Windows drivers for your hardware.

Read the Boot Camp installation instructions and help guides located here: http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

I receive the following message under Boot Camp Assistant: "Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.