Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with remote app solution suggestion!

Hello,

I have been trying to get the Remote app to work on my windows 8 PC, but to no result. I am using an iPhone 5S. I believe the problem is that my PC is a desktop connected to the internet via ethernet. This is a very common issue. I spent around 5 hours on the phone with apple support, but all I got from them was a very long conversation. Even the senior support supervisor could not help me. Many people use iTunes on PCs that are connected via ethernet and they are unable to use the Remote app because it lacks a very basic and simple feature: to enter the host IP manually. When a PC is connected via ethernet to a router rather than wirelessly it cannot be found by the iPhone as a device that exists in the network, so you need to find it manually. Hopefully some of the higher-ups will hear this simplest of ideas and implement it, so the remote app no longer gets 1 or 2 star reviews saying it does not work.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4, Windows 8 Desktop PC Ethernet

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 6:47 AM

2 replies

Dec 29, 2013 4:05 AM in response to Winston Churchill

There are many people who would disagree. Far too many people have problems with this app on Windows to say that it is as simple as a problem with your network. You are right that there is nowhere to manually add IPs, but my suggestion is to add this feature, because there are many third party apps out there who look for their host software automatically, but if that fails they allow you to enter the host IP manually. I think Apple should implement this as it would be a simple solution to many people's problem.

Problems with remote app solution suggestion!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.