Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen lock for ipod nano 7?

Hi,

Is there a screen lock option for the ipod nano? I use the nike app for long runs while training for a half marathon. Unfortunately just a slightest touch, wind would pause or exit a training during my run. It's really annoying and i can't track my workouts. I bought a case and clip to attach the device to my belt and avoid interference. After about 20 mins of running i guess my shirt rubbed against the device and my training was stopped. Haven't found a hint on how to lock the screen to avoid this happening. Drives me nuts during a run ;-)

iPod nano (7th generation)

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 7:34 AM

1 reply

Dec 30, 2013 2:31 PM in response to lisbettsche

Hi lisbettsche,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I am wondering if turning off the screen using the sleep/wake button would work for your situation. Music will still play even with the screen off. You can learn more here:

iPod nano User Guide - 7th generation

http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1624/en_US/ipod_nano_user_guide.pdf

Page 4 describes this functionality:

User uploaded file

Cheers,

- Ari

Screen lock for ipod nano 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.