Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clicking sound connected to car usb

Hello,

I just purchased the ipod touch 5th generation and am excited to play my music library when im our on the road. I have however, faced an irritating problem. Whn I connect the ipod to the car USB jack, everything loads fine, playlists, album art etc... Thats all good but the problem is that there is always this repeated clicking sound thats quite audible and does not give me that "music" experience I wanted.

I have tried to isolate the problem, here is what I did:

• Streaming the audio by Bluetooth: The sound was perfect.
  • Different music files : Same issue, frequent audible clicking sounds
  • Streamed music from Rhapsody and YouTube: Same issue, frequent audible clicking sounds
  • Used a friends iPhone 5 through the USB cable: The sound was perfect
  • Used the same music but with a 8gb flash disk: The sound was perfect

I concluded from this that the clicking sound is there when I use the USB with my iPod to play music. Everything else works fine.

Any ideas as to how I can solve this, could it be a defective ipod (since the iphone worked perfectly)

Thank you in advance..

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 9:04 AM

4 replies

Jul 2, 2015 3:44 PM in response to khalid151

I found the solution.

When you connect to your car using USB it sends the music files to your car stereo and the car system processing them, it's not like AUX connection when the sound just goes to your stereo and plays through the speakers.

If you changed the options for individual tracks in your iTunes library the car stereo receives the files with different settings such as "volume adjustments" and "equalizers". It causes your stereo to process all the files in a wrong way and messes up the sound quality, corrupts the bass, and creates cracks or hissings when it plays.

Go to your iTunes library, list all your tracks and highlight them all by pressing "command+A" on Mac or "Ctrl+A" on PC. Then right click and select "Get Info". In the pop-up go to Options and adjust the volume to "none". Then, in the "equalizer", pick "None". It will bring all the songs to the original settings but your car stereo won't have any problems anymore when you connect through USB. The sound becomes clear and even better than AUX connection.

Enjoy!

Clicking sound connected to car usb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.