Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access my photos in photo with the new iMovie (purple star)

I have the new purple star version of imovie and it will not access my iphotos!!!!!! Apple help keeps telling me to select iphoto library from the "pop up " menu. There is no pop up menu! I've hunted for my photo library and my system locks up. I'm completely frustrated with the new imovie.

iMovie '11

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 10:58 AM

1 reply

Dec 30, 2013 7:02 AM in response to makoon

Hi makoon,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

It sounds to me like the library list is not showing on your screen.

The link below will take you to the User Guide for iMovie 10. In the section marked "If it's your first time using iMovie" there is a link that explains how to show the Libraries list in the sidebar. Once you have that turned on, you can access your iPhoto library.

iMovie Help: If it’s your first time using iMovie

http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.0/#mov755717b21

Show or hide the Libraries list

• To show the Libraries list: Click the Show button on the left side of the toolbar.You can also choose Window > Show Libraries
  • To hide the Libraries list: Click the Hide button on the left side of the toolbar.You can also choose Window > Hide Libraries

User uploaded file

I hope this information helps ....

Happy Holidays!

- Judy

Can't access my photos in photo with the new iMovie (purple star)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.