Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i control two channel strip volumes with one slider?

i have two instrument strips both are pianos but one is transposed one octave up, what i want to do i control both their volumes together with one slider from my controller is that possible?

MainStage, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 1:27 PM

Yes. If you have a slider control created in layout mode, go to edit mode, select the slider and in the screen control inspector select send to all>your keyboard or controller>volume. See screen shots below.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

2 replies

Jan 5, 2014 4:04 PM in response to saidlopez909

it seems to be lifnoise's soultion would control the volume on your keyboards.

if you want to control the channel strip volumes inside of MS, then you just need to assing the virtual knob to the volume and then ADD another map to the secoind volume.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

this is also a really cool feature if you Invert one giving you a cross fade or mix. to do it another step, set both strips Output to a patch bus and use that to control the over all volume while using the first control to control the mix between them.

OR you could put both to a Patch Bus and then just ontrol the Volume on the Patch Buss adding effects to both.

this is how you create a sub-mix of several instruments across several channels with different layers and effects and then 'master' patch bus effects. you can also set each to different pan positions and have some with MIDI efects like ARP, or maybe two different ARPs. its quite limitless.

How can i control two channel strip volumes with one slider?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.