Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LeapFrog Connect quits unexpectedly on MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9.1

We have owned a LeapPad 2 for nearly a year now. LeapFrog Connect worked fine on my original MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion. However, when trying to open on my new MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9.1 I continued to get an error message as below:

User uploaded file

Nothing seemed to work I couldn't find an answer on the boards at all. I finally found a solution after much trial and error.

• Run the LeapFrog utility program found here. (This is a safe download from the leapfrog site itself).
  • Select the option "Uninstall LeapFrog Connect"
  • Select "Complete...like it was never there."
  • When the uninstall is complete restart your MBP.
  • Run 'permissions repair function' in Disk Utility.
  • Select your startup disk, click the 'First Aid' tab, and then click 'Repair Disk Permissions.'

NOTE: Disk Utility will reset any files and folders with incorrect settings.

• Reinstall LeapFrog from leappad.com/install.
  • Plug your LeapPad 2 into the USB slot on your MBP and open LeapFrog Connect.

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.4/2.2 GHz), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 12:51 PM

15 replies

Oct 18, 2015 7:54 AM in response to anotherkindofdrew

you are such a lifesaver thank you so much for posting this. My daughters Mypal Violet wasn't behaving very well and i was trying to uninstall everything to resown load but everything wasn't uninstalling. I was getting very frustrated and had just emailed leapfrog. then found your thread. Did what you suggested and it worked. Thank you so very much i was getting very frustrated lol

running Os X version 10.9.5 iMac

May 5, 2016 4:00 PM in response to anotherkindofdrew

Any update for this with El Capitan?

The program worked fine under it until the latest update to Leappad Connect, now it unexpectedly quits every single time. I contacted support and they basically linked me to here and then when I said half of those steps aren't available under El Capitan (like repair permissions) I was told to find another computer.

Maybe someone on here is more helpful 🙂

Thanks in advance!

LeapFrog Connect quits unexpectedly on MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.