Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a difference between a BR 2032 battery and a CR 2032 battery?

Just bought a refurbished Mac Pro tower circa 2009 and wanted to replace the BR2032 battery but couldn't easily find one. Did find a CR 2032 version. Read online the difference but does it mean anything in the working world? Thanks for any insight.

Rich Green

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 12:59 PM

No. Different slot bus. The G4 is PCI while the MP is PCIe. But if the monitor supports VGA, then you could use a VGA cable with the 5770 card. I think it has a VGA connector, but even if it does not you can get a VGA to the DVI type connector on the 5770.

12 replies

Dec 11, 2017 10:43 AM in response to Richard Green2

Yes, there does seem to be a difference, as I was tempted to put a CR2032 (which I happened to have on hand) to replace the BR2032 that was in my MacMini (2011) while I was installing an SSD.

The difference isn't the size or the voltage, but rather the lithium chemistry and discharge characteristics at higher temperatures. I mean, I'm guessing that a CR2032 would work fine, but I'm going to get a BR2032 battery or two anyway, since the cost is low.

Poly-carbon Monoflouride [(CF)n] Lithium Batteries (BR type)

Manganese Dioxide [MnO2] Lithium Batteries (CR type)

https://www.master-instruments.com.au/files/knowledge-centre/engineering/guides- and-selection-charts/panasonic___selecti…

Dec 28, 2013 12:54 PM in response to Richard Green2

I had another question that I posted here - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5718476 -

the question being - "Just purchased a refurbished Mac Pro tower 2009 and am going to connect my mini and migrate the apps and everything to the newer machine. Problem is, the mini has its monitor but the only other one I have is an older one connected to my antique G4 using an ATI 1X3G video card. I was wondering if I would be able to install that card in my tower just so I could monitor the files/apps transfer?"

Would you have any feedback about this?

Thanks again for the previous help.

Dec 28, 2013 1:38 PM in response to Richard Green2

The DVI-I connectors on computers provide BOTH the standard Digital DVI and, hidden in the pins at the end, a direct Analog VGA output. A cheap adapter will pick it off, and that one is better than the one converted from a Mini DisplayPort. [Conversion form Mini DisplayPort requires a complex ACTIVE adapter with a chip in it.]

The VGA pins on a DVI-I connector are salmon-pink in the diagram below, courtesy Wikipedia:

User uploaded file

Is there a difference between a BR 2032 battery and a CR 2032 battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.