Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped iPad in the bath!

Hi, I dropped my ipad in the bath when i was watching a film! Everything is working fine except the sound as whenever I turn on the volume it always sais "headphones" when I have nothing plugged into the headphone jack. Plaese help because I am very confussed and worried!😢

iPad, iOS 7

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 1:37 PM

So you have no sound at all then? How long have you let the iPad dry out anyway?

3 replies

Dec 28, 2013 1:38 PM in response to bex1105

The fact that you've already turned it on may mean there's nothing anyone can do. Water doesn't hurt your iPad as much as the short circuits caused by the water.

stop using it. Put it in some dry rice for a few days. you may need to charge it when you take it out but the rice will help wick the water out of your device. It'll work or it won't.

If it is irreparably damaged your main option will be to look at an out of warranty replacement, which starts at 219 and goes up from there depending on your model. If you happen to have apple care plus then you can use one of your allotted incidences of accidental damage replacement, which carry a smaller fee.

Dropped iPad in the bath!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.