Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 7th generation not visible in iTunes (iTunes crashes USB driver)

Hi,

I a m running a Toshiba Satellite laptop under Windows Vista

I have bought the last iPod 7th generation and tried t connect it to iTunes

I have upgraded Vista to the last pack

I have downloaded lats realease 11.1 of iTune and checked all the items listed in the iPod diagnostic helper, and then went through all the listed items (checked that all the services are launched, checked the Apple Mobile Device, changed th letter of the disk, uninstalled all the security, antivirus, etc...)

What occurs :

1) I can connect my iPod which is recognized as an external disk under Windows Vista

2) The same with another ipod manager different from iTunes (Médiamonkey) : the iPod device is recognized and well managed

In both cases when I look after the USB interfaces, theay are welle runing (this including "USB mass storage")

When launching iTunes, after few seconds, iTunes says the iPod is not recognized and the ""USB mass storage" driver is marked with an exclamation mark, with message "error 21, windows uninstalled the driver", and simultaneously the iPod external drive disappears

It appears that there is a conflict between iTunes and Windows

It have tried also others features :

- disconnecting USB drivers, reinstalling them

- stop the iTunesHelper services

- try to launch iTunes with Médiamonkey launched : the same, iTunes crashes the communication with the iPod which disappears also from (Médiamonkey)

Do we have to wait fro a ne release of iTunes????

iPod nano, Windows Vista

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 1:50 PM

There are no replies.

iPod 7th generation not visible in iTunes (iTunes crashes USB driver)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.