Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server.

I was trying to install Windows 7 using Boot Camp Assistant but it seems impossible to download the correlated drivers from server. I’ve tried to do this in different days but no results. I don’t know what to do anymore.

I’m using a late 2013 Retina MacBook 15” with a preinstalled OSX 10.9 updated to 10.9.1 and no matter if I try to download them separately or during the whole process of creating a usb windows 7 boot drive. This is to say that the problem doesn't consist in the wrong iso of Windows 7.

This are snapshots of what happens when I'm trying to download the drivers:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Please Help...

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 4:00 PM

8 replies

Dec 28, 2013 4:06 PM in response to Bakmaind

Apple does not supply a version of Windows 7. The support download is the driver package for the hardware included in the Mac computer that you install after you have installed a version of Windows, Win 7 or 8, into the partition created by the Boot Camp Assistant app.

You need a Real, bought and paid for, version of the Windows 7 or 8 install files along with a valid license key code and on the newest Mac's it has to be either loaded onto a USB stick/drive or on a DVD disc and then an external DVD drive that connects by USB port.

Dec 30, 2013 12:17 PM in response to LowLuster

Thanks for your replay but I do not know if I explained well my problem. I think the problem here is not a genuine version of Windows 7 but the inability to download windows drivers. Of course I know I need have my own copy of Windows 7.

In the next snaps I’ll try to show what I’m trying to do.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Why I can’t download separately drivers as was suggested to do by apple support?
Why my mac only supports Windows 7?
??? Why the software is not available from software update server ???

In fact I was able to install Windows 7 but without drivers is obviously useless.

Dec 30, 2013 1:51 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

I've a late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro and boot camp support software 5.0.5033 doesn't work.

User uploaded file

"BCA" indicates that Boot Camp drivers are automatically downloaded as part of the Boot Camp Assistant in OS X, for 2013 or later models of Mac computers.

I fear that this late 2013 MacBook Pro is a little troublesome. Unfortunately this is not the first problem I encountered.

Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.