Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to guest network

I have a airport time capsule, I have activated the guest network but cannot connect to guest network with any devices?

Airport time capsule-OTHER, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 4:04 PM

7 replies

Dec 18, 2014 6:18 PM in response to Damageboss

The Guest network feature on the Apple routers will only work correctly when the Apple router connects to a pure modem.....not a modem/router or gateway type of device.

MI434WR is a not a pure modem.......it is a modem/router or gateway type of device.

If the guest network function on the Apple AirPort router is important to you, you have several options, listed in order of simplicity

o Ask Verizon if they can supply you with a simple modem......not a modem/router.

o Ask Verizon if it might be possible to configure your modem/router to act as a simple modem, and if so, will they support this type of setup.

o Try to run the AirPort as a second router on your network, which will create an error known as Double NAT, very possibly creating unpredictable issues on your network, if it functions at all. This is definitely not recommended, but surprisingly, Apple Support will likely suggest it if you call them.

Nov 24, 2015 11:49 PM in response to Bob Timmons

I would like to confirm that even I will not be able to use the guest network feature:

I have an Airport Express that allows this feature and it is connected to a cable modem called Touchstone TG862 Telephone Gateway. It appears that this is not a "pure" modem and this is why I am not able to connect to the guest network. Is this true? Is there any way around this? Thanks

RK

Cannot connect to guest network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.