Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EQ Settings

For Christmas I got the iPod touch 5th generation 16GB and I have to say, it is a great upgrade coming from a pervious iPod 4th generation owner. Everything is great with my 5th generation except a major downfall which is the EQ settings. I can't seem to figure which one to pick. Apple has seemed to have changed either the soundchip or auxiliary input. The sound is richer though. You can hear more detail in the music than the 4th gen. Anyways I'm a audio freak that likes his highs rich and crisp and it's lows deep and solid. With my 4th generation I always had it set to "Hip-Hop" because it's highs were pretty good and the it's lows were excellent. I've been doing research on reviews about the 5th generation iPod and a lot of them said that "you're better off having the EQ set to off." When it's set to off, it's kinda sounds like you're in a hallway and it doesn't sound like you're in the studio in which how most music is originally created. The EQ setting "Late Night" which is new to the 2012 Apple products and above, sound extremely similar to "flat" and "off" which is lame.

QUESTION #1: Where could I speak to Apple about there EQ settings so they could possibly change it in the next update? Like where do I give them feedback and they atleast acknowledge it? For instincts, many of us complain about the newsstand not being able to place in a folder. They heard from some of us somewhere because you're now able to, lol.

QUESTION #2: Which EQ presets do you use? YOU MUST HAVE an iPhone 5, iPad Mini, and of course any of the iPod Touch 5.

iPod touch, iOS 7

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 4:20 PM

4 replies

Dec 28, 2013 7:16 PM in response to logic227

If you want to give Apple product feed back go to the bottom of this page, lower right corner, click on the blue "Contact Us" and go from there. I'm also an audiophile, but I'm with stephroll, I don't use the EQ either, I leave it off. Cheap speakers make a cheap sound no matter how good the amp & play back equipment is. And good speakers does not mean expensive. Good luck.

EQ Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.