Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic X won't detect microphone signal.

I'm using an Alesis iO2 and an Audio Technica AT2020. The signal is showing up on the Alesis and Mac. Logic won't pick up the signal and seems to have trouble detecting inputs although the iO2 is selected as the input device?

I have checked preferences on both the Mac itself and Logic X and the iO2 is selected on both.

Recording guitar straight through the Alesis through the Line Input works completely fine, just for some reason Logic X refuses to recognise the XLR inputs at all...

Any idea why?

Thanks!

Sam - A desperate home studio-er.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 8:48 AM

Hey Sam,

Seems strange that it come up on the mac but not Logic. I had a friend this happened to but he just had the wrong input set on the track he was trying to record to in logic. you could try changing the input, not sure if it woud help but it might.

Good luck, hope you find the answer,

Beafle

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2013 8:48 AM in response to SamJones07

Hey Sam,

Seems strange that it come up on the mac but not Logic. I had a friend this happened to but he just had the wrong input set on the track he was trying to record to in logic. you could try changing the input, not sure if it woud help but it might.

Good luck, hope you find the answer,

Beafle

Dec 29, 2013 11:24 AM in response to SamJones07

Inputs not working has been a common thread around here for a couple of weeks... I have heard from a 3rd party plug-in developer that there is a "possible" conflict between Logic and the lastest Mac OS as most all of the hardware suffering this problem works fine in other audio recording applications, just not Logic.

take that with a grain of salt, it is officially a rumor! 😉

Dec 29, 2013 12:28 PM in response to Pancenter

I had another look around the forums and it seems to be since the Logic X update to 10.0.5!

I would go back to the previous version but I've done things to my projects which I don't want to lose so would rather wait a little longer and hope that Apple/Logic will release an update which allows the Alesis to work correctly with Logic.

Do you think it's likely they'll correct it soon?

Thanks!

Jan 6, 2014 11:55 AM in response to SamJones07

I have this exact problem with the alesis io2 and Logic X.

Made a bunch of recordings before I upagraded to LP X 0.5 which worked as they should have... now I can't get the signal from my mics to even reach Logic! Glad someone else has found this problem and I don't have to spend another few hours questioning my production skills/sanity.

Really hope they sort this out soon!

Jan 6, 2014 12:02 PM in response to SamJones07

SamJones07 wrote:

I had another look around the forums and it seems to be since the Logic X update to 10.0.5!

I would go back to the previous version but I've done things to my projects which I don't want to lose so would rather wait a little longer and hope that Apple/Logic will release an update which allows the Alesis to work correctly with Logic.

Do you think it's likely they'll correct it soon?

Thanks!

I don't know.. supposedly the most recent Cubase 7 had a similar problem but Steinberg quickly released a patch that fixed it. Apple with probably try to fix it with the next release of the operating system.. a few weeks maybe?

Aug 5, 2015 3:04 AM in response to SamJones07

i was working on a project left the studio and came back,just to find that there is no microphone signal on my track.it was working perfect just a couple minutes back and i had changed a thing,,,

i use the apogee symphony system.the crazy part about it is that the mastero apogee input mixer shows the signal.even crazier is the fact that logic 9 also shows the mic signal... what is going on .. does any one know about this issue.any help would be much appreciated

Logic X won't detect microphone signal.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.