Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I transfer to new SSD?

I just purchased my new SSD and a external bay for the current HDD as was suggested to me and I have planned out what I would like to transfer to the SSD and what I would like to keep on the HDD. There are a few things I don't know what I actually should transfer. I would like the OS X to run off the SSD as well Steam and my games, browser and my Office (word,powerpoint...) The problem is though I don't what what some of the files are called to transfer them fully and successfully. I imagine steam and the games I could just find under apps/downloads but what about the OS X? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

I also purchased more RAM, should I install after I switch out the HDD or before?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 7:24 PM

There are no replies.

What do I transfer to new SSD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.