Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did my Library go in 10.1?

I upgraded to 10.1 of FCPX and now all of my Apple sound effects/loops were gone from the music tab. I see iTunes only and can't find any way to locate my Apple files. Where did they go and how can I get them listed in my drop down menu again along with my iTunes library?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 7:37 PM

6 replies

Dec 29, 2013 7:35 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

Thank you for the help, however I still only see iTunes and it's contents listed in my Music and Sound tab/drop-down menu. Before the upgrade I had a Library listed that included my Garageband loops, the Apple loops and also a substantial library of sound effects that I thought were native to FCPX. All of these are gone and I can't find any way to navigate to them through FCPX and the Music and Sound tab.

Dec 29, 2013 7:44 AM in response to tharmsen

Trash the preferences with this free app and launch FCP X to see whether the loops have appeared.

If not repeat the original process I described.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

Shut down FCP X, open PreferenceManager and in the window that appears:-

1. Ensure that only FCP X is selected.

2. Click Trash

The job is done instantly and you can re-open FCP X.

There is absolutely no danger in trashing preferences and you can do it as often as you like.

The preferences are kept separately from FCP X and if there aren't any when FCP X opens it automatically creates new ones . . . instantly.

Where did my Library go in 10.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.