Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Utility can't find Airport Extreme

I went to go adjust my router settings and I noticed that Airport Utility could not find my Airport Extreme. I'm currently using OSX 10.6.8, with Airport Utility 5.6.1, and my Airport Extreme (Model A1143) is running 7.6.4. Does anyone know how to get Airport Utility to recognize my Airport Extreme again?

Airport Extreme-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 7:55 PM

4 replies

Dec 29, 2013 1:25 PM in response to jfvandev

At this point, unfortunately your options are limited.

If you have an iPhone or iPad with AirPort Utility installed, you should be able to use that device to administer the AirPort Extreme....assuming that the Extreme is functioning correctly.

Otherwise, your only other option is to perform a factory default reset on the AirPort Exteme to get it back to original settings, then configure it again.

But...if the AirPort Extreme is having problems, there is no guarantee that this will work. The A1143 model is probably 5+ years old. I got about 4 out of my old A1143.

Post back if you want to try the factory default reset on the AirPort Extreme.

Airport Utility can't find Airport Extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.