Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem deleting Facebook account in settings

I have this curious problem that existed in my iPad 2 which migrated to my new iPad for. For some reason Facebook things that I have an identity established in settings that does not exist where that was old and no longer exists so the password and asked me for can't work I can't believe the account and it is impossible to delete Facebook from my settings in order to put in the proper a new account. The account that is there represented in settings looks like an old account that I had established that one time and deleted from Facebook on my PC but it seems to think that it's still there on my iPad. There's no working password. There is no way to delete it from settings. And now Facebook will not install at all on my new iPad. That seems very very odd to me and I do not understand why Apple and Facebook have not approached this problem with any level of priority or seriousness. They can be real jerks of these companies and I don't understand why they are so apathetic. It is probably because there is no actual solution. I would appreciate it if someone would confirm the fact that there is no solution. Thank you very much.

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 9:24 PM

9 replies

Dec 28, 2013 10:11 PM in response to bobseufert

Thanks guys but no. When I want to share something simple like a photo, I click share and it says "Enter the Facebook password for "myemailaddress@gmail.com" in Settings.

I click Settings (other option is Cancel)

It takes me to the facebook Settings module in the Settings area of the iPad

I put in my current password and it says "Error Signing In The user name or password is incorrect."

Then I click Delete Account. A window pops up to confirm the delete. I click Delete to confirm and NOTHING HAPPENS. The account is still there. It does not matter if I uninstall FB or not. I've tried it both ways.

I am a computer consultant. I've never seen a situation where an app requires you to reinstall an opperating system. This appears to be the case. What I am looking for from the community is the ANSWER. While I appreciate your feedback if you don't have a real answer please don't reply. I do not mean any disrespect - seriously. But this is a huge problem and I've read that other people have it - and the only answer is to return your ipad to its original out-of-box state. If you restore a backup it puts Facebook right back in the same unuseable state. Now, that said Facebook is totaly useable within Safari, ore Chrome but installing the Facebook App is impossible.

That's f*cked in my humble opinion. Where's Apple and Facebook support? Nowhere to be found. Dead silence.

Dec 28, 2013 10:54 PM in response to BillZimm

I think I figured out the fix for this. It happened so quickly that I almost missed the problem.

First:

I created a new facebook account on my computer NOT ON THE IPAD

Second:

I logged onto it using the facebook iPad app that was disallowing my original permanent facebook account with my new account, it asked me a question and I complied. It allowed the regestration of the new account to be active in SETTINGS. I complied and it worked.

Then I deleted that active account and it allowed me to enter the username and password for my orriginal account and it then accepted it. I think this is the correct fix for this abysmal problem.

Thank you all for your patience.

Bill

Jan 8, 2014 11:53 PM in response to BillZimm

There is a solution. A real easy one. All they'd have to do is allow you to delete without a password. Just use your iPad security code. How friggin hard would that be? I got married changed my Facebook name and the change didn't update to my FB in in settings. I also updated my password but that doesn't matter when the iPad is using an ID name that no longer exists. WTH?? Fix it! How many people get married of Facebook and change their names?? Are you kidding me?

May 8, 2014 11:35 AM in response to BillZimm

I am also trying to fix this but no such luck I've read countless "How To's" and searched multiple forums and tried everything everyone has to offer but nothing works. I can currently use my facebook app no problem but when using other apps on my ipad I can't link it to facebook. I've tried deleting, restoring, changing back to old passwords/emails and it doesn't work. How frustrating?! I just want to delete the facebook account saved to this ipad and yet it is impossible. When will Apple sort this out! As far as I can tell this problem has been occurring for a year by looking at dates of people posting on this problem on different forums but yet apple haven't supplied a solution it's a joke. I'm so angry I refuse to completely start from scratch on my ipad and lose everything I have done just because apple can't get a delete account button to work. Sorry for the rant just fed up. I need to speak to someone at apple pronto and get this fixed so everyone with this problem can actually use the ipad how they intend to.

Problem deleting Facebook account in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.