Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos is is taking up way too much storage space!

The photos section of my ipad with retina display is taking up 1.7GB and I only have 32 photos and 3 videos. There is nothing in my photo stream. I only have 16GB and I need the space. What should I do?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 9:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 9:49 PM

Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Delete what is not needed

3 replies

Jul 2, 2015 6:09 AM in response to Diavonex

This does not help. I have an Ipone 6 plus. I had no storage problems until I installed photos on the Iphone, my iMac, Macbook Pro and ipad. I thought this would improve management of photos. Instead, the iphone fills up regardless of how many apps I delete and how many photos I delete. There are many duplicates of videos, and deleting them does no good. This same question is being asked all over the web on other help boards, yet I cannot find anything in Apple help. Can you direct me to any place in the apple support world that addresses this issue?

Aug 14, 2015 2:46 PM in response to rogerfromnashville

Not sure if this might help, it doesn't deal with photos, and you probably already got help after all this time, but I will reply just in case, or for others with this problem. The "other" that is taking up all your storage on either your iPhone or your iPad is your cache from Safari. Go to "Settings" then "Safari" and scroll down towards the bottom to "Clear History and Website Data". That should free up a lot of space :-)

Photos is is taking up way too much storage space!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.