Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro won't charge -- dim orange light on charger

I was playing a game on my MacBook Pro (2011 15" running 10.9.1) earlier, missed the low battery warnings, and ran the battery dry. The macbook shut off on me, and when I went to charge it, the charger blinks orange twice but then settles to a very dim orange. The battery level lights, when pressed, show one light blinking as if it's not plugged in at all. I left it plugged in a few hours ago to see if it just needed some time, but it's still just doing a quick bright orange blink and dropping to a dim orange without seemingly charging anything.

I've tried resetting the SMC or whatever a couple times, and nothing's changed.

Please help; the last thing I need right now is a 15" Apple brand paperweight where my laptop used to be.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 1:33 AM

6 replies

Dec 29, 2013 10:52 PM in response to rock-mac

Just opened, disconnected/reconnected the battery connection to the logic board, and the same thing is still happening :/

I don't know if it matters, but I am using a new charger (it's been working fine for about a week, though). I forgot my charger over the break and ordered a new one, it's the 60-watt that said it was for the 13" but what I saw online said it would be fine for my 15". Maybe the charger itself is the issue? I haven't had a different one around to check...

Macbook Pro won't charge -- dim orange light on charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.