Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Windows created a temporary paging file on your computer" - can't get into windows partition

Recently, I have not been able to get into my Windows partition. I've been getting this message: [windows created a temporary paging file on your computer...]. Now, after several tries, I can't get in at all - the screen remains black after I start Win.

So, to go into detail (if this helps at all..)

- First, I got his message when I booted through Windows - [windows created a temporary paging file on your computer...] If I press OK, it would take me into my windows screen, but my mouse nor my keyboard will work (I have tried my apple keyboard/mouse and my Samsung ones.. neither works). I've read that this could be fixed by cleaning up windows to create space - but nothing will allow me to perform any commands...

- After several tries, the black screen with the Safe Mode option appeared - same results

- After several attempts to getting into the Safe Mode option, or the regular option - now I get two options : 1. Start windows normally, AND 2. A recommended option that says it will fix whatever is not letting Windows open. The two options lead me to either a stuck screen of the windows loading image, or just a plain black screen.

Is there a fix to this? I'm sorry if the answer is out there, but I just couldn't find anything.

Would the only option be to uninstall windows? - and how would I do that...??

Please help!! Thank you!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 2:41 AM

1 reply

"Windows created a temporary paging file on your computer" - can't get into windows partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.