Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with My Passport Essential SE

Hello

i was transfering files from old to new mac with external drive My Passport Essential SE. I did this several times (cleaned trash and copied other files). Than I have noticed a problem. I cant axcess my content on external drive.

1. I have pluged drive into comp, enter password but pass window just shaked. I was typing the right pass but no luck. External drive was not visible in finder

2. I varified disk with disk utility. The partition map appears to be ok. Disk status is online, used 999,83 GB, Available 0 Bytes

2. I have contacted wd support, download Smartware http://www.wd.com/wdproducts/wdsmartwareupdate/wdsmartware.asp?id=wdfMP30_SEEsse ntial&os=mac,

3. I have set new password and then removed the security. But drive still doesn’t appear in mac finder. I have also run all three diagnostic with no problem. When i plug drive I still get pass window and the same problem as in the beginning.

4. I have installed software data rescue 3 and several others. I have chosen deep scan and i got msg after few minutes that scan was suspended because the scaned drive disconnected.

Can anyone help me please how to get my data from disk? Thank you!

My Passport Essential SE

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 4:16 AM

There are no replies.

Problems with My Passport Essential SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.