Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic broken... Please help!?!!

I brought my iPod to the beach and now it displays a red cross on the screen. It also makes a rare clicking sound. I think it is clear that some sand got inside it! How can I clean it or repair it!! I live in Uruguay, so I can't change the device. I tried to restore it but it cannot connect to the iTunes store. It dosen't seem to improve when I connect it to my computer.

Btw, before the red cross appeared I could connect it to iTunes but it said the iPod was corrupted... when its not!

Help will be very appreciated.

Thank you!

(Sorry for the English!!)

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009)

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 8:24 AM

Hi KagayaOngaku,

From the sounds of things, if you hear clicking sounds I do believe your internal iPod hard drive is damaged. It would not be sand going into the iPod but the hard drive head banging against the platters. It is unrecommended that you open up the device to clean or repair it yourself.

Best thing to do is to bring it into an Apple authourised service centre to get it inspected.

Go to http://www.apple.com/support/country/ for more support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2013 8:24 AM in response to KagayakiOngaku

Hi KagayaOngaku,

From the sounds of things, if you hear clicking sounds I do believe your internal iPod hard drive is damaged. It would not be sand going into the iPod but the hard drive head banging against the platters. It is unrecommended that you open up the device to clean or repair it yourself.

Best thing to do is to bring it into an Apple authourised service centre to get it inspected.

Go to http://www.apple.com/support/country/ for more support.

iPod Classic broken... Please help!?!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.