Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I find the driver to update the os for my iPhone4 to iOS6.1.4? I do not what to install 7.0.4

I'm wantint to update my phone's os. It's currently on 5.1.1, and I'd like to update it to 6.1.4, but am having trouble locating the driver in Apple downloads. I do not want iOS 7.0.4 - I've experimented on a friend's phone and do not like it. Any thoughts?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, Update driver

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 7:46 AM

You can only update an iPhone 4 to the newest iOS. You can't do a 'partial' upgrade.

iOS 7.0.4 will be the next iOS that is installed onto that device. Apple does not support upgrading to iOS 6 on an iPhone 4 anymore.

Therefore, you will either stay on 5.1.1, or go to iOS 7.0.4. Those are your only options.

Why did you not update your iPhone 4 when iOS 6 came out in Sep 2012, or before iOS 7 came out in Sep 2013? That's an entire year to update.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2013 7:46 AM in response to mehuntley

You can only update an iPhone 4 to the newest iOS. You can't do a 'partial' upgrade.

iOS 7.0.4 will be the next iOS that is installed onto that device. Apple does not support upgrading to iOS 6 on an iPhone 4 anymore.

Therefore, you will either stay on 5.1.1, or go to iOS 7.0.4. Those are your only options.

Why did you not update your iPhone 4 when iOS 6 came out in Sep 2012, or before iOS 7 came out in Sep 2013? That's an entire year to update.

Where can I find the driver to update the os for my iPhone4 to iOS6.1.4? I do not what to install 7.0.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.