Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air start up screen frozen

My Mac suddenly just won't work properly. I turn on my macbook air and makes that start up sound, brings up the apple logo and the mouse icon apperars and you can move it. The track pad is working fine. But it just stays on the gray screen with an apple logo sign. It doesn't continue to the login screen. What do I do? My mac usually turns on in like 12 seconds, now it's taking longer than half and hour.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 9:19 AM

6 replies

Feb 11, 2014 10:47 PM in response to jasayam

I had this same problem, I would see my gues log in icon and Admin icon. I could move the mouse with the the trackpad but I could not click on anything to open it up.

Then I realized my bluetooth mouse was connected and I wasnt using it. dug it out, used it and everything works now.

I tried following the steps outlined below but they did not work. I believe only because it was trying to rely on the mouse for a UI.

Macbook air start up screen frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.