Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Genius mixes in itunes for ipod classic

I own an ipod classic and although Genius is ON in itunes, i cannot see any genius mixes in itunes and of course not on my ipod either. I used to see it but after one upgrade of itunes it just disappeard.

I keep updating Genius but still no genius mixes. Apple people please help

iPod classic, iOS 7

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 9:30 AM

3 replies

Dec 31, 2013 9:15 AM in response to simoneta10

Hello simoneta10,

iTunes 11 looks a little different than the previous versions of iTunes, and I'm wondering if you do not see the Genius Mixes because the Sidebar is hidden. You can follow these steps to bring back the sidebar in iTunes:

Show Sidebar - Choose View > Show Sidebar (this feature will display iTunes features on the left side of the application including Library, Store, Shared, Genius, and Playlists).

You can find the full article here:

iTunes 11: Frequently used features

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5649

Additionally, I recommend reviewing the following resource to sync the Genuis Mixes to your iPod:

iPhone and iPod: Understanding Genius Mixes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3843

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Dec 31, 2013 10:49 AM in response to sheila_m.

I can see the side bar alright, but I cannot see any genius mix. SInce the update to Itunes 11, It disappeared. It used to be there but not anymore. My Genius is ON and i keep updating Genius but still after waiting about 30 seconds reading that Apple is delivering Genius results, there is nothing delivered and still no genius mixes.

There is a glitch in itunes 11.1.3.8 that hides Genius mixes or simply does not do it. I know how Genius mixes work. They used to be there but not anymore.

No Genius mixes in itunes for ipod classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.