Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having issues with Aperture while editing...Black Screen!

I'm having problems when editing with Aperture...For example:

-Picture goes black after applying an edit, then continues on to all other pictures untill I reboot Aperture

-Exposure goes out of whack after applying an edit

-Skin smoothing strocks are shown after being applied

These are just a few. They do not happen the entire time I am editing, but about 30 minutes in everytime i get on Aperture something goes wrong and i have to reboot. It becoming incedibly frustrating especially when i have delines to meet with clients.

I love using Aperture, but i can't afford for this to continue happeneing. I may have to consider using a different editing system if this problem contiues.

Please help!

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 9:34 AM

6 replies

Dec 29, 2013 10:53 AM in response to t_hall10

I have 5 plug-ins that I never use...I need to delete them, but don't know how.

At least check, if the plug-ins need updating - look at the manufacturer's website, if they are compatible with Aperture 3.5 and Mavericks. (see: Aperture 3.4 and later: Some third-party plug-ins are no longer compatible)

To uninstall plug-ins open the folders

~/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/

(that is the user library in the Library folder in your Home folder)

and

/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/

(that is the in the Library folderat the top level of your MacintoshHD)

Quit Aperture. Remove any "Edit" or "Export" plug-in, that you do no longer need.

Your User Library may still be hidden. Open it from your "Home" folder:

Select the "Home" folder icon in the Finder's sidebar and press the key combination ⌘J to open the view options. Enable "Show Library Folder".

User uploaded file

Then open the Home folder and open the Library folder inside and navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/.

For the second location, the system library on your hard drive, simply open the "Library" folder after clicking and opening the HD icon.

After removing the plug-ins restart the system. Test, if removing the plug-ins will mitigate the problem.

If not, check, if the problem occurs for all your Aperture libraries. Create a new Test library and check, if the problem depends on the library.

Jan 7, 2014 9:45 AM in response to t_hall10

but about 30 minutes in everytime i get on Aperture something goes wrong and i have to reboot. It becoming incedibly frustrating especially when i have delines to meet with clients.

Perhaps you are also suffering from the "memory leak" bug.

Check your Activity Monitor occasionally when working with Aperture. Is there a problem with too much RAM being used? See these links:

Aperture 3.5.1 and Mavericks memory leak

Is there a memory leak in Aperture 3.5?

If that should be the case, do not use any other applications concurrently.

Having issues with Aperture while editing...Black Screen!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.