Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wake On Demand not working over WiFi

As the title says my new, late 2012 iMac w/Mavericks will not wake when called on over WiFi by an AppleTV3.

I've seen this article - "About Wake On Demand and Bonjour Sleep Proxy" but it didn't help.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3774?viewlocale=en_US

My system info says = Wake On Wireless: Supported

There is only one in preferered networks connected, so of course it is also the first.

I've even tried "Prevent App Nap in iTunes -

User uploaded file

Tried both ways of Energy Save prefs' "Enable Power Nap" too - and of course have Wake for network access" checked -

User uploaded file

Anyone have ANY clue why it will not wake up from the Apple TV?

I do NOT have an Apple router - but this really should not matter.

FWIW I have a Linksys E2000 router - with default settings. No special port forwading or DMZ have been set up. I shouldn't need to though, this is basic stuff?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 2012 iMac 3TB Fusion 32MB GTX 680MX

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 10:02 AM

3 replies

Oct 11, 2014 2:13 AM in response to igirl1

This is an old post but the issue is still current

The Apple TV and the extreme routers or time capsule fail to wake up network devices

I have looked into the console and even if there is an even that says client requests wake the following even triggering wake at RTC time xxxxx fails to wake the computer and all remains in sleep mode

Instead with a proper wake on lan set of magic packets the computer wakes up just fine

It is obvious that the computer will wake on demand but the implementation of apple of bonjour sleep proxy fails to do it properly somehow

I would really like to see this resolved

Wake On Demand not working over WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.