Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How's my AppleCare going to help me with regards to display ghosting?

hello everybody!

i purchased my MBPr in july 2012. i've got an LG display. i've lately noticed that my display has got ghosting. the ghosting is more pronounced during login. i've applecare protention till july 2015. how is my applecare going to help me? if they agree to replace my display, can i tell tem to replace with a samsung one?

your opinion is greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 10:28 AM

AppleCare will replace your MacBook Pro display for free because it is in warranty. Make a backup of your files with Time Machine and take the Mac to an Apple Store or reseller.

Unfortunately, you cannot choose the display brand you want, because Apple will install the display they have in stock, and it does not mind if it is a Samsung or LG display. However, if they tested that LG displays have got problems, they should install Samsung displays

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2013 10:28 AM in response to musfique

AppleCare will replace your MacBook Pro display for free because it is in warranty. Make a backup of your files with Time Machine and take the Mac to an Apple Store or reseller.

Unfortunately, you cannot choose the display brand you want, because Apple will install the display they have in stock, and it does not mind if it is a Samsung or LG display. However, if they tested that LG displays have got problems, they should install Samsung displays

How's my AppleCare going to help me with regards to display ghosting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.