Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It looks like you need an internet connection to authorize a rented movie to play. If this is the case, how do watch a rented movie, if you do not have access to the internet? For example, in an airport or on an airplane?

It looks like you need an internet connection to authorize a rented movie to play. If this is the case, how do watch a rented movie, if you do not have access to the internet? For example, in an airport or on an airplane?

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 12:12 PM

2 replies

Dec 29, 2013 12:16 PM in response to loufromcastlehills

To note I have fully downloaded movies on two occassion, and could not watch them on the plane. As soon as I got hooked back up to the internet, no problems. Contacted Store/Mac App Store Customer Support and they stated "please know that an Internet connection to the iTunes Store is required to authorize playback of movie rentals" and refered me to the following link http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4095 that states the same.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.