Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use same apple id on 3 ipods and share apps and music on itunes.

I have three kids with different ipod. My oldest has had hers and already has an itunes account. My other two just got theirs.When i set them up it was not able to use same apple ID (email). It said it was already being used by other device. Is there a way to use the same email for all so I am the onein control of purchaes.....

Also how do i add the other tow to my daughters itunes account so they can share apps and music. I plugged them both in to the pc but than when i go to accounts it only shows the original ipod under icloud. I want to use same itunes and icloud account for all.

Oldes has 4g others have 5g.

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 12:45 PM

1 reply

Dec 29, 2013 1:01 PM in response to cassie0906

Yes. Just use the same account on all the devices.

To allow them ot Message and Facetime one another

MacMost Now 653: Setting Up Multiple iOS Devices For Messages and FaceTime

If you want them to have separate contacts and Calendars and some other things

Create a NEW account/ID for her using these instructions. Make sure you follow the instructions. Many do not and if you do not you will not get the None option. You must use an email address that you have not used with Apple before. Make sure you specify a birthdate that results in being at least 13 years old

Creating an iTunes Store, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store account without a credit card

Use the new ID on her iPod but only for:

Settings>Messages>Send and Receive

Settings>FaceTime

Settings>GameCenter

and Settings>iCloud if you want her to have separate Contacts Calendar and some other things.

Continue to use the same/common Apple ID for Settings>iTunes and App stores so you can share purchases.

How to use same apple id on 3 ipods and share apps and music on itunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.