Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s keeps dropping 3G signal

Hi all,

I purchased an iPhone 5s 4 days ago and noticed that it is constantly picking GPRS and E (at best) in a 3G area. My network provider is O2 and I actually have a 4G contract with them (as I normally reside in London). Having spoken to both O2 and Apple (live support), neither were able to provide a solution to my problem - other than that it needs to be repaired/serviced.

I have done a little research on the web and it would appear that this isn't a solitary problem and that many experience this, whatever the network.

I was wondering if anyone who have previously had this problem have had any success with repairs/replacements?

Or better, has anyone any solution to this problem? Please note that I have tried all the standard remove SIM, restore network settings and restore factory settings etc (I am also on the latest software 7.0.4) as instructed first by O2 then by Apple technical support.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 4:27 PM

1 reply

Jul 25, 2014 2:30 PM in response to RLi89

So this was posted 6 months ago, several people have the same issue (including me) from what I've read, and Apple apparently don't feel the need to offer any kind of response. Apple really has gone down the pan since Steve Jobs died. It's a real shame. I'm assuming there's no point me asking if anyone has a solution to this issue (besides turning airplane mode on and off, removing sim etc etc - I can't believe I should have to do that about 5 times a day as my iphone loses 3G). Oh well, maybe I should go back to the 4s. Battery was crap but at least I had a consistent data connection!

iPhone 5s keeps dropping 3G signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.