Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I convert a table in Numbers 3.0.1 to text in Pages 5.0.1 (OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks)

I have dredged the boards and found nothing relevant to my current software config above. How the heck do you cut a table out of Numbers and paste it into Pages, then convert the table to text?

I have a list of 23,000 songs from iTunes and I need to be able to columnate the text after conversion so I can reduce the printed page count.

But in general, I often need to either convert a table to text or text to a table in Pages and I am beginning to suspect Pages 5.0.1 is incapable of such a simple task.

Help!!!!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 7:58 PM

Your suspicions are well founded.

Go back to Pages '09:

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick/viewtopic.php?t=432&mforum=iworktips ntrick

Peter

7 replies

May 12, 2015 5:05 PM in response to madams109

Pages v5.5.3 does not support table to text conversion. You can copy/paste a table from Pages into TextEdit, and get to aligned, tab separated text fields.

1. Copy Pages table
  2. TextEdit
    1. Format > Make Plain Text
    2. Paste

Text items are separated by a single tab character and mostly aligned unless a large word causes misalignment.

3. Copy text items
  3. Pages

Paste text items back from TextEdit

Text items separated by tabs in Pages, can be copied, and pasted into the first cell of a blank table (even if the table is smaller than the text items), and the table will then auto-populate, and auto-expand rows and columns to accommodate the tab separated text items.

How can I convert a table in Numbers 3.0.1 to text in Pages 5.0.1 (OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.