Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV drops strong wifi signal.

Everything up to date with reliable 50Mbps internet, Apple TV works with Cat 5 cable, but drops streams frequently and lags airplay when connected wirelessly. It is 10 feet away from the router. why? Restarted multiple times, checked software version multiple times, restarted router, restarted MBP, it just won't stay connected. Is there a fix coming for this?

Apple TV, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 5:22 PM

6 replies

Dec 29, 2013 6:46 PM in response to diesel vdub

I'm not having a problem with the speed of the internet, I'm having a problem with it staying connected... yes I know it's a wifi issue that's obvious... thanks for pointing that out.

Nohting for Apple to fix? hmmmm, well Two Samsung phones never drop the signal, a Samsung TV never drops the signal, a Samsung Tab 2 never drops the signal, an iPad Mini never drops the signal, a Macbook Pro never drops the signal.... but for some reason the Apple TV drops the signal 20+ times during one movie and it won't stream airplay.

Not to mention multiple other posts complaining about it staying connected even using Apple Airport.

So hopefully there are other people who will read this post that can respond with more than just pointing out the obvious. I mean seriously theres gotta be something that can be fixed or something because thus far Apple products have been impressive, this doesn't seem to fit their M.O.

Dec 29, 2013 7:49 PM in response to Josh Noob

Is this a constant problem of just the last 2 days? We have had a problem the last 2 days connecting to the iTunes Store via Apple TV to watch things that we've purchased. Once I got connected at one point tonight I got a message that my program would very ready to watch in 34 hours - s'cuse me? I've never had this happen before. Our upload and download speed is just fine for everything else.

Apple TV drops strong wifi signal.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.