Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home sharing problem: I have never set up home sharing but I feel I understand it. I recently (last 2 months or so) deauthorized, first time ever, all computers with my iTunes account. I am trying to set up home sharing but get iTunes says "You can't".

Home sharing problem: I have never set up home sharing but I feel I the concept and how it works. I recently (last 2 months or so) deauthorized, first time ever, all computers with my iTunes account. I have 3 computers authorized. I am trying to set up home sharing but get iTunes says:

"Home Sharing could not be activated because this computer is not authorized for the Apple Id "#########@###.com". Would you like to authorize now?" I click "authorize" and get the next error " You cannont authorize more than 5 computers. You have already authorized 5 computers with this Apple ID. To authorize this computer you must first deauthorize one of the other computers."

Can someone help or shed more light on my problem?

Thanks,

Richard

iPod classic, Windows 7, itunes sharing problem

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 5:39 PM

There are no replies.

Home sharing problem: I have never set up home sharing but I feel I understand it. I recently (last 2 months or so) deauthorized, first time ever, all computers with my iTunes account. I am trying to set up home sharing but get iTunes says "You can't".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.