Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot download my itunes.

I have been trying to update my itunes for about an hour now, but it's unrsponsive. It keeps telling me that there are "missing components". I've made sure that I'm using my administrator account, and I've uninstalled my old itunes but it still won't work.

Windows 7

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 6:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 7:17 PM

Just in case the component being referenced is not part of iTunes but is rather part of one of the other related programs, it might be worth trying a complete uninstall/reinstall of iTunes and related componentry, as per the following troubleshooting document:

Removing and reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows Vista or Windows 7

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2013 7:17 PM in response to cassie_d

Just in case the component being referenced is not part of iTunes but is rather part of one of the other related programs, it might be worth trying a complete uninstall/reinstall of iTunes and related componentry, as per the following troubleshooting document:

Removing and reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows Vista or Windows 7

May 16, 2015 7:45 PM in response to cassie_d

Hello forget about those websites the are giving you the run around and have you actually download their crap making you think that they have found the solution to your problem and forget about those crackers making you change the registry either too.. THE PROBLEM IS THAT APPLE IS TOO **** LAZY TO SIMPLY UPDATE THEIR GOD FORSAKEN ERROR AND MAKING SURE THEIR LINK TO DOWNLOAD ITUNES IS CORRECTED. It's a simple task tech team at Apple...... well here's the problem folks and you friends. The download link at the apple website is worded correctly but is not written for the windows vista or windows 7 64 BIT. IT FOR A 32 bit operating system. HELLO APPLE GET YOUR CRAP RIGHT!!!!!!!!... and when you do hit the link you get the error code with all the mombo jumbo i am not going to write down.... hit this link and you will on your merry to finally have itunes on your computer....

Download iTunes 12.1.2 (64-bit) - FileHippo.com. Enjoy =)

May 16, 2015 7:47 PM in response to b noir

Hello forget about those websites the are giving you the run around and have you actually download their crap making you think that they have found the solution to your problem and forget about those crackers making you change the registry either too.. THE PROBLEM IS THAT APPLE IS TOO **** LAZY TO SIMPLY UPDATE THEIR GOD FORSAKEN ERROR AND MAKING SURE THEIR LINK TO DOWNLOAD ITUNES IS CORRECTED. It's a simple task tech team at Apple...... well here's the problem folks and you friends. The download link at the apple website is worded correctly but is not written for the windows vista or windows 7 64 BIT. IT FOR A 32 bit operating system. HELLO APPLE GET YOUR CRAP RIGHT!!!!!!!!... and when you do hit the link you get the error code with all the mombo jumbo i am not going to write down.... hit this link and you will on your merry to finally have itunes on your computer....

Download iTunes 12.1.2 (64-bit) - FileHippo.com. Enjoy =)

I cannot download my itunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.