Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new mac book pro doesn't install new program - message not enough memory when there is more than enough. Program is Print Shop 2.0 for Mac

Hi,

I have received a new mac book pro for the holidays. I am trying to install a copy of Print Shop 2.0 for Mac that I have used on my old Mac Book, but receive a message stating that there is not enough memory. There is plenty of memory on my drive, so I don't know what the problem is. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I have not installed any other program other than Office for Mac 2008 and the update to Mavericks.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 7:13 PM

A "not enough memory" alert has nothing to do with storage space. It means installed RAM. That application is not compatible with Mavericks. That is most likely the reason for the alert.

12 replies

Dec 29, 2013 7:26 PM in response to bromeley

The Mac version is now PrintMaster, and it shows support through OS 10.8:

http://www.broderbund.com/p-685-printmaster-v6-platinum.aspx

Contact them and ask if they've tested it on 10.9. I'm sure they would be glad to help, and, if you tell them your beloved old Mac version of Print Shop doesn't run on 10.9, they might know if there is an upgrade discount available. Worth a try.

Dec 29, 2013 8:09 PM in response to bromeley

Great- Thanks everyone for your help. I will go ahead and upgrade.

Also just looked up the Printmaster Platinum v 6.0 and found this on the help site:

PrintMaster v6 Platinum

Problem

My product does not work with Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 or 10.9.

Solution

While we are working on updating our products to full compatibility with OSX 10.7, 10.8 or 10.9, you can simply disable the new security settings before installing the product. You can then re-enable the security settings after installation is completed.

Dec 29, 2013 8:26 PM in response to stedman1

Hi, I also just found the following on Broderbund support - there is an installer update if you receive the memory message. I've downloaded the installer and I am now able to install the Print Shop from disc.

Here's the link to the installer:

http://www.mackiev.com/printshop/form/ts_all_thankyou_not_enough_space.html

I'll also search for the 3.0 version - Thanks!!!

Jan 1, 2014 2:49 PM in response to MacLion

Actually the interface hasn't changed drastically from the 2.0 version, but it works very well under Mavericks. I used the 2.0 version with Mountain Lion and Mavericks, and although they claim it is compatible with both, I found it to be dog slow. The 3.0 version is very fluid, with no glitches thus far. I took advantage of the low price upgrade ($29.95, I believe). So far, so good.

Jan 2, 2014 9:02 AM in response to stedman1

Thank you so much for the information. It is much appreciated.

I understood now that many of the functions (effects) from palettes are now done in real-time; as opposed to the version 2 which had a required dialog box first, then the effect was added after accepted in the dialog box. I'm glad version 3 is well-behaved in Mavericks, I look forward to giving it a try.

new mac book pro doesn't install new program - message not enough memory when there is more than enough. Program is Print Shop 2.0 for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.